Dutch signalling question

Plaats hier alle andere onderwerpen welke niet in de onderstaande forums.
Plaats reactie
Peter749
Gegeven waarderingen: 16 keren
Ontvangen waarderingen: 9 keren

Dutch signalling question

Bericht door Peter749 »

Hello,

I'm trying to understand Dutch Signalling - I'm used to UK Signalling and I mostly understand DB/OBB Signalling.

On the Krammerdijks Deltaland route my train approaches Miezerveen from Zevenberg.
I have a Signal showing Yellow (Flashing) and a 4 for 40kph and the next Signal is a Yellow (not flashing) and a 4.
Just before the station is a Signal with a Yellow (not Flashing) and no Speed. The 40kph starts here as the train goes in to the loop.

Is that sequence right?
I would have thought the 4 would have been on the signal before the speed change applies - like German Signalling.

Thanks

Peter
Sorry if this is in the wrong section - please move if so.

MichaelO
Gegeven waarderingen: 435 keren
Ontvangen waarderingen: 392 keren

Re: Dutch signalling question

Bericht door MichaelO »

A yellow singal with a flashing number means that the next singal is too close to reach the desired speed. The sequence will be as you described:

Yellow with a flashing 4: Slow down to 40km/h, speed might not be reached before next signal
Yellow with a static 4: Continue slowing down to 40km/h
Yellow with no number: Expect red signal. By this point you have to be slowed down to 40km/h

If there is no red signal the last signal will show a flashing green light: Proceed at max 40km/h
Or if the speed is any higher than 40km/h: A flashing green light with a static number
Deze gebruikers waarderen MichaelO voor dit bericht:
Peter749

Peter749
Gegeven waarderingen: 16 keren
Ontvangen waarderingen: 9 keren

Re: Dutch signalling question

Bericht door Peter749 »

Thank you MichaelO

Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Algemeen”